(download a pdf version of this notice here Notice of IPAN SGM 18 July 2020 Final
To the representatives of all Affiliated Organisations and Associate members of IPAN
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and faring well in these difficult times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A Special General Meeting (SGM) of IPAN will be held online (via Zoom conference) on Saturday 18 July at 2pm. The IPAN AGM will be held later in October 2020.
The SGM is being held to give members and associates the chance to discuss and give suggestions on IPAN’s current and future activities and campaigns, such as the recent statement on ‘Healthcare not warfare’, the forthcoming “Peoples’ Inquiry into the Costs and Consequences of Australia’s involvement in US-led wars”, and our press releases and other, possibly state-based, actions. We value your feedback and hope you will take this opportunity to help guide IPAN’s activities over the coming year.
The SGM will also consider changes to the Constitution, and accordingly the special resolutions proposed below will be put.
The changes to the Constitution to which the Special Resolutions refer relate to (a) Grievances, Complaints and Disputes, (b) Membership of IPAN by Political Parties and (c), the grace time period for membership when fees are overdue. See document attached. Please read these documents carefully.
Each affiliated organisation is entitled to attend and, if financial for the 2019-20 or 2020-21 year, is entitled to vote at the SGM.
Associate (individual) members, financial for the 2019-20 or 2020-21 year, are entitled to attend the SGM and to speak at the meeting but are not entitled to a vote.
A Zoom teleconferencing facility will be provided to enable Affiliates and Associates to attend the SGM without having to be physically present at the meeting place. You will need to download the Zoom program prior to the meeting https://zoom.us/signup
Please RSVP for the SGM so we can send you the zoom link.
If your organisation, or you as an individual are unsure if you are financial, please call Ross on 0408 782 983.
The Agenda for the SGM is as follows:
- Introductory remarks and welcome by the Chairperson
- Appointment of a Minutes Secretary
- Special Resolutions to change the IPAN Constitution –
- This SGM agrees to add a new clause 16 to the IPAN Constitution to the Section ‘Qualifications for membership of IPAN’ which states –
- “Affiliate membership of IPAN is open to those organisations/groups which agree with the mission and objectives of IPAN as detailed in Sections 7 and 8, provided they are not a political party or a branch of a political party. This clause does not affect any organisation that was approved for affiliate status prior to December 2019.”
- This SGM agrees to amend clause 27 to extend the period of grace for membership fees to be paid before the member is considered unfinancial. The discussions regarding payment of fees may commence at or before the end of the financial year. The amended clause would state –
“Affiliates are considered financial members until their fees are more than six months in arrears.”
- This SGM agrees to add a new clause 110 titled ‘Policies’ to the IPAN Constitution which states:
- “In order to give effect to IPAN objectives or to the requirements of the ACT Associations Incorporation Act (1991), IPAN may, through Special Resolution at a Special General Meeting or Annual General Meeting, adopt policies which shall be implemented by IPAN. The Policies adopted under this clause are:
- IPAN Policy relating to Grievances, Complaints or Disputes.”
- Discussion regarding proposed changes
- Motions to adopt the changes to the Constitution to be put separately. [Note: The motions need to be approved by 75% of those voting to take effect.]
- Discussion of IPAN activities
- The statement on Healthcare not Warfare
- The Peoples’ Inquiry
- Other suggestions for IPAN activities.
- Any other business
- Close of SGM
IPAN Policy relating to Grievances, Complaints or Disputes
IPAN Policy relating to Membership of IPAN by Political Parties.
IPAN AFFILIATION FEES
Dear Affiliate or Associate,
The new financial year commences on 1st July, and the annual affiliation fees for each affiliated organisation and individual associate are now due for the 2020-21 year.
If your organisation, or you as an individual are unsure if you are financial call Ross on 0408782983.
The fees are as follows:
Membership fee: $20 Small organisation.
$50 Medium organisation
$100 Large organisation
$20 Individual Associate
Affiliated organisations are reminded that only financial organisational members can vote at the SGM or Annual General Meeting of IPAN.
If your group/organisation joined IPAN and paid the membership fees after 1 April 2020, this will cover your membership fees for the 2020-21 financial year.
Membership fees can be paid here – https://ipan.org.au/membership/
Your support for the Independent and Peaceful Australia Network is much appreciated and is helping to put peace and independence issues on the public agenda. We have kept the membership fees the same for some time and if your organisation has difficulty with paying the fee, please let us know.
In a world where conflicts continue and with the climate crisis resulting in conflicts as well as being exacerbated by military activity, the need for a voice for peace and an independent Australia pursuing peaceful relations, is as urgent as ever. We urge you to renew your membership and participate in guiding IPAN in the coming year.
Yours in peace,
0403 611 815
22 June 2020
Affiliation fees can be paid online or by direct deposit, reference your organisation/name, to:
Account: 5054 6137
Or cheque posted to: IPAN, PO Box 573, Coorparoo, Qld, 4151