- This event has passed.
Only 2 Weeks to sign the e-petition to remove US troops from Darwin
15 Sep 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM AEST
Only two weeks to go for you to sign the e-petition to the Government calling on them to terminate the Force Posture Agreement between the US and Australian Governments and send the US Marines in Darwin home.
We are hosting US forces on our territory that could be used to attack some other nation, if that suited the USA, regardless of Australian interests.
The US Marines are trained as an attack force to “invade, capture and secure”. They are not here to defend Australia but to enable the US to project its power in our region.
Any enemy of the USA (and it has plenty!) could, would, also regard Australia as an enemy. The US Marines stationed in Darwin actually increases the chances of Australia sustaining an attack.
· It makes us a target!
· It makes us less, not more, safe!
· It makes us enemies, when we need have none!
· It means that we are being exploited by the USA, for its own purposes!
TO Sign the e-petition:
* Click on Sign an e-petition – Parliament of Australia
* Scroll through to petition number EN0667
* Sign and follow the prompts.
Following the close of the signature period, the petition will be presented in the House and may be referred to the relevant Minister based on the subject of the petition terms. It is also published in Hansard.