The Independent and Peaceful Australia Network (IPAN) recognises that the creation of a truly peaceful and independent Australia requires addressing the cruel and unjust colonisation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander lands and seas, which began under British law, and has continued under Australian Governments since Federation. IPAN acknowledges that sovereignty was never ceded and supports the aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for self-determination.
- Aboriginal Tent Embassy ask all Australians to remember Frontier Wars
- Lest We Forget: why we need to remember the Frontier Wars
- Like the Frontier Wars, the Black War, one of Australia’s most devastating conflicts, is not officially recognised nor remembered in any memorials
- RICHARD FLANAGAN. Freedom means Australia facing up to the truth of its past.
- 8 war heroes you didn’t learn about in school
- Talk by Dr Mary Graham – Indigenous Conceptions of Governance