To assist it in achieving its vision, IPAN will seek to (its objectives):
- Promote an independent Australian foreign policy that promotes peaceful resolution of any international conflicts;
- Oppose the establishment of any foreign military bases, and the deployment of any foreign troops and/or military hardware, in Australia and the Asia-Pacific;
- Provide information, analysis, coordination and other assistance for affiliates and other NGOs, unions, churches, and community groups, to campaign on Australia’s peace and security options;
- Build links with peoples and organisations in the Asia-Pacific campaigning for peace and against military bases and troops in the region;
- Promote a vision of a peaceful, just and sustainable Australia.
- Organise such events and activities as will promote these objectives.